School aged senior secondary students under the care of a parent, carer or guardian and can include:
- students who live in isolated areas
- students travelling with their parents around Australia or overseas
- students on exchange overseas
- students who for medical, social or behavioural reasons are not able to attend a school in their local area
- students with special needs which do not allow to attend a local senior secondary schools
- students with special departmental permission.
Students over the age of 18, or are under the age of 18 but are not dependent on their parents or guardians and can include:
- students working full or part time
- students with family responsibilities
- students who are carers full or part time
- students returning to complete their Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET)
- students aiming to improve previous secondary subject achievement
- students meeting specific subject requirements for employment / tertiary entrance
- students with a particular interest in a specific area of study.
Prospective Independent Students
Students over 18 years of age who have not been enrolled in a school in the preceding 12 months must undertake a criminal history check at their own expense and complete a pending charges declaration with the NTSDE Principal prior to enrolment. Please contact our coordinators for further information.