Some information is automatically collected whenever anybody accesses Northern Territory Government Internet sites. Additional information may be voluntarily supplied – eg. through online forms and email for specific service delivery purposes. Northern Territory Government will only use such information collected for the purpose for which it was supplied and such information will not be disclosed to any third party unless required by law.
When you visit our website or send us an email our internet service provider will make a record of your visit and may log the following information:
- the address of the computer you are using;
- the top level domain name of the network you are on;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded;
- the search term you used to find our site (if any);
- the type of browser you are using.
The above information is collected for statistical purposes only and we will not use it to identify users or their browsing activities.
We will record your email address only if you send us a message or sign up to our newsletter. We assume that we are able to use your email address for the purposes outlined above.